Global Innovation Exchange Innovation Profiles
Global Innovation Exchange (GIE), managed by Results for Development
, supports the scale-up of development innovations and features more than 17,000+ innovation profiles. See here: https://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/browse/innovation
A GIE innovation profile is NOT required for the STI Forum 2021 Call for Innovations. The inclusion of an innovation profile link may strengthen your application and provide an opportunity to copy and paste content on the profile into the application form for ease. However, preference will not be given to applications with or without a GIE innovation profile. If you choose to include your GIE innovation profile link, please use the exact full link to your specific innovation profile on GIE. Below are instructions on how to add/update innovation profiles on GIE.
HOW TO ADD/UPDATE YOUR GLOBAL INNOVATION EXCHANGE INNOVATION PROFILE
If you already have a GIE account:
Steps will vary based on whether (1) you have an innovation profile on GIE or (2) you need to add one.
(1) You have an innovation profile* on GIE. Follow the below steps:
- Login to the GIE powered STI Forum site here.
- Click on the user settings dropdown on the top right corner.
- Click on the innovation name to view your innovation profile and edit it.
- If you have more than one innovation profile, please consolidate the information into one and email us to delete the others.
* If you do not have an innovation profile on GIE, see the below steps to add an innovation.
Login and update your innovation now
(2) You want to add your innovation. Follow the below steps:
- Click here to log in to the GIE powered STI Forum site and begin to add your innovation! As you type your innovation name: (a) if you see your innovation on the list, select it. This will allow you to "claim" it and start managing the profile. (b) If you don't see your innovation on the list, finish typing the name and select the countries where you've already implemented the innovation. If you have trouble with this, email us.
- You'll only need to create one innovation profile for each social enterprise, not one per product/service. This helps you put the best foot forward about your social enterprise to funders and other collaborators.
Log in and add your innovation now
If you don't yet have a GIE account:
- Click here to sign-up for an account (the same account can be used for GIE and this STI Forum site).
- Enter your basic information and in Step 2, select "Yes, I have a developing country innovation".
- Type the name of your innovation. As you type your innovation name: (a) if you see your innovation on the list, select it. This will allow you to "claim" it and start managing the profile. (b) If you don't see your innovation on the list, finish typing the name and select the countries where you've already implemented the innovation. If you have trouble with this, email us.
Create your GIE account now
Tips to Complete Your Innovation Profile
For an added bonus, complete the following GIE innovation profile fields to strengthen your chances for consideration:
- A website URL and relevant social media links
- Stage and supporting Stage Description
- Milestones that show the validations and achievements your innovation has
- Entire section for “The Team Behind the Innovation”
- Settings section including the point-of-contact, owner (and managers if applicable) and registration.
- A combination of the following fields must help explain your innovation and demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the Call:
- Problem and Solution - What is the key problem you’re solving and what is your solution or approach to it?
- Mission & Vision - What is the key change you seek in this world?
- Innovation Description - How does the innovation work?
- Competitive Advantage - How is your innovation better than current alternatives?
- Target Beneficiaries - Whom does your innovation ultimately serve?
Important note: A GIE profile alone is not sufficient for consideration for the STI Forum 2021 Call for Innovations. You must submit this form for consideration.